You are willing to collaborate with us? Please fill in this form in order to be contacted by our sales force.
How big can a parcel be?
A parcel shall not exceed the following dimensions :
Length: 200 cm
Width: 80 cm
Height: 60 cm
Maximum development: 200 cm
Calculation of maximum development: 2 x height + 2 x width + 1 x longest side
What can be the weight of a parcel?
The maximum weight of a parcel is 30 kg for both domestic and international shipments, with some exceptions applicable to a small number of countries around the world.
Which goods are excluded from transport?
Goods that do not fall within the dimensions and weights defined by GLS good shipping and packaging practices are not tolerated on our network. This information can be found in the GTCs or afterwards from your GLS sales contact or
Goods that are improperly packed or packed in a non-conventional manner are not accepted by GLS. Computers (e.g. desktops and laptops) are only transported in their original packaging.
In addition, they are in particular excluded from transport on the GLS network:
- goods requiring particularly careful handling (e.g. fragile goods),
- perishable foodstuffs or foodstuffs transported under controlled temperature,
- live animals,
- objects of great value (e.g. gold, precious stones and metals, genuine jewellery and pearls, art objects, antiques, etc.),
- phone cards and prepaid mobile phone cards,
- firearms, ammunition and essential parts of weapons,
- hazardous and prohibited products of any kind by law or local legislation,
- responses to calls for tenders ;
- tobacco and alcohol (especially if sent abroad);
- all other products whose transport is regulated or which require special transport conditions to be put in place.
This list is not exhaustive and GLS keeps the right to refuse, at its sole discretion, the transport of products not listed above. For more information, please refer to our General Terms and Conditions of Sale. To obtain details on the above mentions, contact your sales contact or firstname.lastname@example.org , we will send you a personalized reply.
What does GLS do for the environment?
GLS is committed to the responsible use of resources, the reduction of emissions and the optimisation of waste disposal. All GLS subsidiaries have obtained ISO 14001 certification for their environmental management system . GLS coordinates and supports all environmental protection activities throughout the Group through its Climat protect initiative.