Yes. However, please note that there may be delays across the supply chain and we ask for your patience in this regard.
Will GLS Ireland continue to deliver parcels?
Will GLS continue to pick up parcels?
Yes, GLS has a supply obligation and picks up and delivers your parcels. We ask you to clarify with your recipients in advance whether shipments can be accepted. If receiving points are closed, then in the current situation we will immediately return parcels to the shipper.
What are the restrictions in international parcel shipment?
Shipment of goods remains possible. The export and import of your goods remains possible. Here too, we ask you to clarify in advance with your recipients in the respective countries whether shipments can be accepted. If receiving points are closed, then in the current situation we will immediately return parcels to the shipper.
What does the current situation mean for the GLS ParcelShop network?
Our ParcelShops remain open and are available for parcel delivery and acceptance. However, Level 5 restrictions in Ireland may mean that your regular ParcelShop may be closed. Check our ParcelShop locator to find an alternative.
What preventive measures does GLS take against the further spread of the virus?
We do our utmost to protect the health of those involved in our business and to ensure continuous parcel service delivery. We have implemented appropriate measures, which are based on the official recommendations of the authorities and are adjusted at short notice if necessary. The measures include:
- Equipping all locations and supplying all employees, transport partners and drivers with suitable PPE
- Strict implementation of the necessary hygiene measures in all areas
- No travel activity; meetings and conferences are conducted via telephone or video
- Implementation of Home Office in administrative areas
- Social distancing measures in place at all depots
- For our shippers and consignees we offer the possibility of contactless delivery
- We constantly monitor relevant developments and immediately initiate necessary measures if required