GLS Ireland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V. GLS realises reliable, high quality parcel services for over 220,000 customers in Europe, complemented by logistics and express services. Quality Leader in European Parcel Logistics is GLS’ guiding principle, sustainability being one of the core values. Through wholly owned and partner companies, the Group provides network coverage of 37 European States and is globally connected via contractual agreements. 39 central transhipment points and 662 depots are at GLS’s disposal. With its ground based network GLS is one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe.
We are currently looking for General Operative to join our team in Co. Carlow on a Full Time basis.
This position is a split shift permanent role Monday - Friday 5am-9am and 3pm-7pm
- VHI Healthcare Package
- Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Training and development on ongoing basis
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym contribution fee
- Tax Saver Public Transport ticket
- Shift allowance
- To ensure that all parcels receive an inbound scan in the morning shift.
- The warehouse to be kept tidy at all times.
- To support subcontractors during the loading process.
- Scan all parcels with correct scans to ensure loss prevention is kept at a high standard.
- Undertake cross training on all aspects of the operation.
- Undertake new tasks, in line with business development, as directed by your Line Manager.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Be able to work in a busy environment to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in Parcels/Distribution Industry – preferred not necessary
- Good IT Skills
- 'Can do' attitude
- Helpful manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team Player