Do you have a passion for IT systems, network administrations, server maintenance and would like to work on some great Ad hoc IT projects? Do you have prior experience and a passion to work in Database Querying, Server Maintaining, Linux commanding and Project Management? Are you looking for strong career development, with an opportunity to learn from highly talented people and want to benefit from the support of a global organisation and network?
At GLS, we believe that irrespective of the reasoning behind considering a new role with us, becoming a part of our strong IT Team may be the ideal career move for you.
The OpportunityCompetitive salary:
The IT Department of the Company provides internal support to all employees of the company as well as to all operations processes used by the company. It also provides external support to the customers who are using our systems for outbound parcels from their premises.
We are currently seeking to hire in our IT Team an IT System Specialist.
Your key Responsibilities:
- Server administration and maintenance
- Network administration and maintenance
- Planning of new and upgrading existing locations (IT wise)
- Process documentation
- Inventory management
- Ad hoc IT Projects
- Help Desk 1st & (partial) 2nd level support
- User and Device Administration
- External customer support
- Support Information
- Security Management in administration and rectifying IT security findings / issue
- Experience in a similar environment
- Fluent English
- Basic knowledge of Linux command line
- Good knowledge in Networking (hardware and software)
- Experience in server maintenance / virtual environment
- High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, supportiveness, involvement, openness and clarity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Must be a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including outstanding listening skills
Preferred skills but not essential:
- Experience in Project Management
- Previous experience in Distribution/Parcel business
- Database querying (MySQL, DB2)
- Competitive Benefit package
- Gym contribution
- Bike to work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Wellbeing programme
- Tax commuter incentive scheme
GLS Ireland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V. GLS realises reliable, high quality parcel services for over 220,000 customers in Europe, complemented by logistics and express services.
Quality Leader in European Parcel Logistics is GLS’ guiding principle, sustainability being one of the core values. Through wholly owned and partner companies, the Group provides network coverage of 37 European States and is globally connected via contractual agreements. 39 central transhipment points and 662 depots are at GLS’s disposal.
With its ground-based network GLS is one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe.